Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Badass Goals

Previously I have defined badass by separating it into 4 categories. Now I will define the goals I have pertaining to those definitions:

Physical:
  • They are fit, healthy, and strong
  1. Less processed foods in my diet.
  2. Army Ranger standards of fitness: 80 pushups in 2 minutes, 80 situps in 2 minutes, 12 pullups in 2 minutes, 2 miles in 13 minutes, 5 miles in 35 minutes, and a 16 mile hike with 65lbs of gear in 4-5 hours
  3. Gain the flexibility and strength to do most yoga poses unaided.
  • They have their own personal style
  1. Figure out my personal clothing style, both professionally, and casually.
  2. Obtain the clothing to maintain that style
  • They know how to fight
  1. Relearn martial arts.
  2. Obtain a base knowledge of take-downs and submissions.
  • They work with any physical impairments
  1. Get both contacts and glasses that suit me in both form and function.
  • They are clean, and hygienic 
  1. Take more pride in appearance by taking time to brush hair, wear clean clothes, and shower daily.
  2. Make sure house stays clean and orderly. Set up a schedule for cleaning and stick with it.
Intellectual:

  • They have varied knowledge
  1. Study the following subjects: Teaching (My career, yey!), English, Math, Mechanics, Science, Music, Arts/Crafts, Survival Techniques, History, Civics/Politics, Current Events, Homemaking, Computers, Alcohol, Firearms, Leadership, and Dance.
  • They know of other badasses
  1. Study the basaddess who have come before. Figure out why they were badasses, and how they came into their badassitude. Do not discriminate or only study one type.
  • They are well read
  1. Take time to read daily, even if it's only 15 minutes before bed.
  2. Compile a list of different types of books that should be read.
  • They know a verity of etiquette and protocol and the time and place to use each
  1. Study and master the art of eating in polite company, how to host parties, how to attend thank you notes, invitations, etc. Master the art of small talk and discretion. 
  • They have an adventurous spirit
  1. If given the opportunity, always try new things.
  2. Take time to go somewhere I've never been before at least twice a month.
  • They listen more or as much as they speak
  1. God gave us two ears, two eyes, and one mouth. Make a conscious effort to look and listen twice as much as I talk.
  • They are creative spirits
  1. Take time for arts and crafts once a week in the very least. 
Social:

  • They are leaders
  1. Make an effort to be a good leader whenever presented an opportunity.
  • They are independent
  1. Find strength of emotion within self
  2. Grow more of my own food.
  3. Don't take charity. Only take loans that I can pay back.
  • They have an unusual hobby
  1. Continue passion for LARPing
  2. Get more into cosplay
  3. Make time for Magic tournaments
  4. Take time weekly to play videogames
  • They are keenly aware of the plight of their fellow man.
  1. Stand up for the underdog whenever I see them pushed down.
  • They are humanitarians
  1. Find a way to help my community become stronger through volunteering
  • They have a willingness (not an outright desire) to defy conventions to stand up for those who cannot.
  1. Don't let haters bring me down. I do what's right.
  • They actually DO things and don't just talk about them.
  1. Keep track of goal progress with this blog.
Personal:

  • They have their own moral code, which they strictly abide by.
  1. Define my own personal moral code. Keep track with how well I keep to it.
  • They stand up for themselves as they do others.
  1. Don't let people walk over me.
  2. Don't let them walk on other people
  • They know their limits and attempt to overcome them.
  1. Do some major introspection and find the areas I need to improve.
  • They have a mindfulness and inner-peace.
  1. Study the concept of mindfulness through research and meditation.
  • They listen to their inner voice.
  1. Conduct an introspective study to find my inner voice.
  • They are okay with being alone.
  1. Take a weekend and go out alone where there's no contact with the world.
  2. Take a week and go out with no contact with people. 
  • They are organized with their time and space
  1. De-clutter my house (lean more towards the minimalist lifestyle)
  2. Keep a schedule.
  3. Maintain a budget.
  • They normally have a vice that may negate one or two of the above.
  1. Forgive myself if I don't make it the first time. I have vices, and cannot be perfect.

Most of my goals are pretty loose. I have no specific goals. This blog will be a place to explore and further define those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment