Why do you come to this Blog?

Monday, September 28, 2020

Work

This is why I don't blog during the week and why I put in my 2 weeks on Friday:

What the school expected:
21.5 hours with my students
8 hour on lesson plans
10 hours on making assessments and materials
2 hours on IEP paperwork
5 hours on emails and research
Grades: 5 hours
Total: 57 hours
$ per hour(not factoring in time.5)- $19

What actually happens:
30 hours with my students (because of behaviors and lack of staff)
4 hours on behavior reports
8 hours on lesson plans
10 hours on making assessments and materials
2 hours IEP work
5 hours on research and emails
2 hour on trainings/meetings
5 hours covering for absences/lack of staff
5 hours grades
Total: 71 hours
$ per hour(not factoring in time.5)- $15

Ideal:
21.5 hours with my students
10 hours lesson planning AND creating materials/assessments
3 hours on emails/research
2 hours on reports
1 hour iep work
2.5 hours on grades
Total: 40 hours
$ per hour(not factoring in time.5)- $27

I have a Master's degree and I'm human. I should either be making way more money or putting in less time. Is it any wonder I'm burnt out?

No comments:

Post a Comment