Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, December 17, 2017

The most wonderful time of the year

I’ve discovered I’m a morning person. It’s something new since my FND. I went to bed at 7 last night and got up at 3 with no issues. I just wish I had energy to do what I wanted. I mean I wake up refreshed in the morning, but my energy levels burn at a constant low. Caffeine doesn’t help. Water doesn’t help. I suspect that exercise would help, but that requires a baseline energy I don’t have. I need something that will force me to exercise.

So I have off for Yule. That’s exciting. I’m planning what I’m going to do on it currently. I want to stay up and greet the sun, but that requires more stamina than I currently have, and no one to stay up all night with. I saw one of my friends on Instagram do a ritual that I think I’m going to do. She just wrote her wishes on bayleaves and burned them. That plus a fire in the backyard will be nice.

I’ve been sick all week. A sinus infection and bronchitis. I’ve missed so much work that it’s killing me. I never thought I’d love a job as much as I do. I started having dreams of taking care of my kids. Like just getting them lunch and making sure they eat. Stupid stuff like that.

Christmas is a little more than a week away. I’m excited. I love spending time with families. My family is especially beloved for obvious reasons. I can’t wait to see my granny! Even with her cancer and chemo and all of that she still came out to visit us! I love my grandmother so much!

So I’ve been bummed this past week for two reasons. The first is that I was too sick to work. I was also too sick to make it out to Joe’s family’s Xmas party. I hated it. I love his family almost as much as I love him. So missing it killed me. And missing out on work made it so much worse! I cried I was so frustrated.

So instead I watched my little pony and crafted. Eventually I was Invited to a little cocktail hour at a friends house. So I had a good weekend. It just wasn’t what I wanted.

I have two and a half days of work this week and then I’m on break. And I keep thinking, why couldn’t my sick couldn’t have waited a week. I could have worked last week and been sick on my break. I could have been recovering during Christmas. I could have used it as an excuse to skip out on mass. Well I guess it was good. If I got Granny sick I wouldn’t forgive myself.

I can’t wait to give out my presents. I love personalizing everyone’s presents to something I think they’d like. The only person I don’t think will be thrilled by their present is Joe’s dad. Man he’s a hard person to shop for.

Big day tomorrow. I get back to working!


No comments:

Post a Comment