Why do you come to this Blog?

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Trying for a Job

I'm trying to apply for a job once I can drive. It's a big girl job that will be a major challenge for me as it involves a lot of reading and writing. I'm hoping with all of my adaptations that I'll be able to do it easily. I've been all bluster and confidence with my friends, but I'm really not sure I'm ready.

They're always hiring so the date doesn't really matter as long as my skill se6t is there, and even though it may not be, I'll be damned if I don't try.

My friend is going to be trying for the job soon, and I already have 2 friends who work there, so it would be neat to work there. The one problem I forsee is I have no technical degree or experiance. I'm going to try anyway because I know I can do the job well if given the patience to figure out how to work with my disability.

Honestly, even though I'd like to get the job, the terror of not getting it and feeling useless may be a more powerful force. I'm hoping that working with the Disability and their Ticket to Work program will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment