Why do you come to this Blog?

Monday, April 18, 2016

Friend camp April 2016

Getting ready for camp went smoothly. I packed my stuff into a little blue bag 3 days before camping happened (I was excited) And we went grocery shopping the day before where I spent way too much on food I didn't particularly want to begin with. I haven't been craving sweets lately and I got cereal bars, apples, and dried fruit. What was I thinking. All I wanted all the time was meat, nuts, and protein.

But Joe let me wear his hat and Fish let me wear his sunglasses so I was good despite the amazingly bright and sunny day. I was actually active in us packing up the pick up truck and trailer thanks to my new pills not making my brain weirdness and my body spasums go completely away. I felt normal! Which was delightful save for the fact that almost 2 years of being bed ridden has left me weak and frail (despite my 200 lb bulk)

But the point is I actually was helpful!


We met my friend Jess at her house and drove down to camp. It's a really nice back woods setup that is free to camp. Jess found out about it by being charming as she always is and making friends so easily. Jess also dressed up in this amazing outfit that made her look completely badass. With Joe dressed up too I found my lazy camping outfit sorry and lacking. But I was too comfortable and excited to care too much. There's always next campout.

We parked the trailer and got to work setting up camp. I was actually helpful in setting up Megatent (a 30x15 ft ^2 tent we crowded 8 people into 6 with huge ass cots.


We started drinking as SOON as we made it to camp. I only really drank beer/mead/cider the whole time I was there save for the bottle of water I had before bed each night with my pills. Still I was completely fine. No hangover at all, although I never got proper drunk either. I was drinking for flavor not to get drunk.

Joeseph made a war banner for when we go camping. He refused apicture with it so I'm going to let his artwork speak for itself. It's this mondo tiki torch that he spent hours making into a post-apocoliptic banner. 


After we got things mostly set up, Jess the Princess of History and Nature took me on a nature hike. 


This is Bloodroot. It is a protected species native to the Virginia area because it only grows in untouched areas. It grows in early spring when not much is blooming to tide over the pollinators till it gets more flowery. The American Indians would make red dye from the roots to paint themselves with. Also LOOK AT THAT PRETTY DAMN FLOWER! 
Jess found an ass ton of salamander eggs! This cluster we spent cooing over for a while. Look at all the baby salamanders! They were so cute and one of them was about to hatch! Don't worry, we put it back.
Look at all those baby salamanders! We dicided to call the camp Salamadastron! Because Redwall? and salamanders!
They were all over the creek that bordered our camp on 2 sides. It was magical!

Jess found a mama! She could tell because the yellow little belly had little spots and not big spots.

And then she found one of our evening musicians, the Spring Peeper. They lulled us to bed every night we were out there. We chased most of them away by being loud, but they were excellent company.
It was about this time that my phone got its first crack in it.

Then I found some pretty flowers that Jess said were called Blueit. They looked like big forget me nots!

That was Fish (Who is 6'5") with our fancy Megatent.
And as I was peeing I found some pretty frond! This is my favorite native species of plant!
The unfortunate part is peeing did not go well. I bought myself a standing peeing female device...but it didn't fit...so I peed all over myself. This is a picture of me air drying because wetwipes can only do so much after your Go-Girl overflowes all over your pants. 
Oh, and Jess decorated camp as always, and it looked so amazingly OMG pretty like usual. She also found some feathers and wafted sage around our vulgar selves to purify us.
The next morning (No evening pictures because I wanted to focus on having a good time) Travis got up early and made us 6 lbs of bacon and 5 dozen eggs. 10 of us in total polished off that mess easily. For lunch Justin made us italian sausage, peppers and onions, and then for dinner we got the double punch of Jess's amazing chili and Cody's salt brine chicken legs. I did not go hungry Saturday.
This was my peeing tree. I wanted to point out that I walked the 100 meters from camp to this tree, both day and night, on my own without help. I was so elated!
This is a picture of food fire.
OH! And we went on another nature walk. 
While I was out there I made a small alter to the land spirits and offered a full cigarette of tobacco to them.


This is one of many penis candles around camp.

Fatty making a fat face

Travis brought his boat but forgot the oars...so he and a couple other camp members spent the day making an oar...as in they cut down a tree with a chainsaw and carves a mother fucking oar. It was done when we left so it never got used.

We had a marine with us so we had an american flag out too! 'MERICA!

My boys spent a full 30 minutes trying to get the trailer outside of  camp. But when everyone jumped into help when they were having the most trouble things clicked.
On our way out one of our buddies had a flat. Joe immediately stopped to help fix it! My Joe is so thoughtful that way.


































2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an amazing camp setup. Megatent. Wow! Also, the giant cooking setup. I imagine it helps to have lots of people there to make it all happen... I can't imagine making that much bacon in one go. I think someday I need to be a Boy Scout/Venturing/Girl Scout troop leader/mom so I am forced to learn how to cook for that large of a group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, we do communism right. We each bring food to feed the others as well as little snacks for ourselves. It gives all of us more time to enjoy camp instead of constantly preparing food.

    ReplyDelete