Why do you come to this Blog?

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Post seizure lament

Never ever ever ask someone who just had a seizure to do anything. The brain is not an okay place to be at that point. And if it was a grand maul, chances are it feels like they were beaten with a rubber hose... It's not the "oh my muscles hurt after exercising" type of pain. It hurt to breathe moving from stomach to back makes you see a flash of white and then you hear someone whimper before the pain hits and you realize it was you.

At least that's my experience with non epileptic seizures. I can't imagine the epileptic kind are any more pleasant. I'm just saying. And for the love of God, if they can swallow get them a gorram water! They just did a hardcore mental and aerobic workout.

So I learned more about my limits today. Reading still can set me off. Social gatherings can still set me off. Too much of a good thing can set me off. So the party rages on without me. I lay on my comfortable couch with the supplies my boyfriend joe got me sipping my cool refreshing water while the crickets sing and the cats chirp at each other.

It's not that bad though. Yes, I'm sore and the world feels blurry and like I'm not here. Like I'm watching a blurry daytime soap opera about a person who's supposed the be me, but I'm not her.. But I got to eat shitty nacho cheese on hot dogs. I got to play in kiddy pools. I got to meet a guy from South Africa. I got to chill with amazing people and see my boy have a good time. So it's not a total bist.

No comments:

Post a Comment