Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Debate

Last night I had a debate with Joe. Now, most people think this isn't a big deal, but I'm not a confrontational person. Normally I'll state my opinions, and leave it at that.

Badasses don't back down from an intellectual debate, even if no ones mind is going to be changed by it. Knowing this, and knowing me, Joe didn't let me take the cheep way out.

We debated in the way that civilized people debate for 30-45 minutes! It would have been longer, but I was exhausted and needed sleep., and I let him know.

I feel proud that in my own little way, on my own terf, with people I trust I can let loose and feel free to voice my contrary opinions civilly and feel safe and confident.

I really admire my boyfriend for being supportive of me and reminding me to push myself in ways I can handle for my own sake and not his.

Score one more for team badass!

No comments:

Post a Comment