Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Because Snakes Are Badass!



Snake Ownership can be pretty badass. It makes me feel unique and proud that I can be knowledgeable enough about something out of the norm to own one. On top of that it gives me a certain deep seated pleasure to know that Iwillingly, and without reservations, love something others find abhorrent or gross for no other reason than the social stigma.

What's more, Balsa is a surprisingly affectionate and loving snake. It's not that I make a habit of anthropomorphising animals. I really don't. I understand that to a snake I am a warm moving tree in which to climb. Snakes aren't all that bright and mostly predatory. Balsa, however, enjoys sleeves and pockets. She almost never bites. I say almost never because I got lax in my habits because she doesn't bite. I reached into her tank and towards her hiding spot directly after handling food. Needless to say, she figured things out quickly, and didn't even break skin. My rats bit me more often. So it's not that she gives kisses like a dog, or curls in my lap like a cat. She exists, and allows you the opportunity to exist near her. As far as snakes go, that's super affectionate.

Feeding her is amazing every time. I love the way her scales stretch and show the pale skin underneath. I love the way either side of her mouth moves independently. I love how her mouth opens too big.

Owning a snake is a badass thing. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment