Why do you come to this Blog?

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Be Excellent to Each Other

I used to be so good at this. I was quiet and reserved my judgement. I treated everyone with care and respect. Even the people I hated I gave them the understanding they needed...

I don't know what happened...

I hate people without understanding them now. I don't reserve judgement. I think "Oh, he's right," and "Oh, he must be dumb because he's wrong!" I back these movements and policies without understanding both sides with impartiality.

It needs to stop.

I shouldn't be saying "You are right because I agree with you," or anything like that. What my words and deeds should reflect is not one of anger, hate, or ego. It should be peace and kindness.

I was thinking about all the fantastic movies and books I've seen where badasses say that we should treat others with dignity and respect. I went everywhere from the bible to the grocery store. Finally, though I found a quote that will hopefully inspire me to be a better person....


"Be excellent to each other."
~Wild Stallions *air guitar*

No comments:

Post a Comment