Why do you come to this Blog?

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Halloween Excitement



Halloween is coming up. It's my favorite holiday. It as always been my favorite holiday. Only recently has it gained a ritualistic significant. Starting last year I set out food for the ancestors as it's the time of year to honor them. I leave it out all night then bury it in the morning. I also do a rune reading for the coming year as this holiday marks the anniversary of me becoming pagan. 

I'm also thinking of doing a ritual to bring prosperity to my family too, but I have no idea where to start with any of it. 

I'll be at my parent's house for the next 2 weeks to house sit. The problem is I'll have my Great Aunt and my little brother around the house. Although my little brother knows I'm not Christian, I don't think my Aunt Doris would take too kindly to the fact so I have to do all my rituals on the sly. 

I'm also going to the Zoo's Halloween trick-or-treating thing with a friend and her little girl. I'm going as Wednesday Adams. I have a wig, the dress, and the makeup all ready!

Then November 4th I head up to Boston to visit a friend for his birthday. He's being super generous and flying me up. I'm really looking forward to drinking with him all day Saturday and then having him take me somewhere historical on that Sunday.

Again to Halloween, it's too bad I have no relatives buried near me. I would set out offerings on their tombstone a'la Day of the Dead (really all cultures have a day honoring the dead by giving offerings. Modern day offerings are just flowers and not food. Pre-Christian Europe honored the dead with offerings of food and stuff as well so it's not really cultural appropriation, or so I tell myself.)

Prepping for the journey is proving to be more challenging than I thought. I have a huge backlog of laundry. Packing is going to be difficult as I only have a duffel bag to pack my ritual gear and my clothes. 

I suppose that I will have a lot of time to blog in coming weeks. With luck I'll actually follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment