Why do you come to this Blog?

Monday, June 16, 2014

Self sufficancy

I recently started gardening on my quest for self-sufficiency badassitude. It takes a sizable chunk of my time, but it's very gratifying. I thought I might give a virtual tour...

This fist picture is a small plot of land. It's the first time I've not used potters. What's more it's the first time I've planted root veggies. Here i have some Gladiolous, a bleading heart plant (that never came in), beets, and carrots. It's a bit of an experiment. We'll see how it does.

The next picture is a picture of the porch swing that my boyfriend got for us. That's my Wonder Woman mug. He and I love spending time here. I think it needs to move into the garden proper instead of being under the car-port, but he has a point in that if it's raining we can still use it.

This is seen from my front yard. I have red lilies and gladiolus. The lilies I've had for about 5 years and are the most durible plant I have ever had. They have trained me well in gardening by being so forgiving.

This is a closeup of my green bean plant. I have 2 different types, though I can't remember which ones. Aren't my little green beans cute?

And here's a closeup of my cute little Roma Tomatoes!

And my snap peas!

This is my garden mirror. I got it for free from a neighbor. It looks lovely in my garden! Below it are my 3 different tomatoes: Blak Cherry Tomato, Beefsteak, and Roma. There is also a Cypress Vine that I'm making crawl along the mirror stand. 

Here's a picture of Willow out in my garden. She loves to be outside! It's here I keep my jalapeno, and bell pepper plants, My pumpkin, squash, and cucumber, and my broccoli and cauliflower. Above that I have my bird feeder. Actually, it's my friend's birdfeeder that I'm borrowing till I see her again.

Then I have my snap pea, my green bean, and my pea plants. I love snap peas. the flowers are SO beautiful, and snap peas make THE BEST snack. There's also a little garden statue that I took from my boyfriend.

To the left of my peas and beans, I have my herbs. Cilantro and Thyme are in the green pot, I also have basil, sage, rosemary. green onion. dill, and oregano. The hanging potters have Columbines and my snap dragons.

To the left of those I have my leafy greens. I have my spinach and lettuces. In the hanging potters I have marigolds, poppies, cyprus vine and moonflower. I'm planning on winding the vine plants around the railings 

More closeups of my plants: both snap peas and my pumpkins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment