Why do you come to this Blog?

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Obtaining a Firearm

I have always wanted to fire a gun. It sounds really neat in action, and must take a lot of skill to complete correctly. And although I do want to go hunting, I also want to gain the skill for skeet shooting, and target shooting as well. I have wanted to be a gun owner for years and years and years. Actually, since my grandfather passed and my family cleaned his old guns out of my grandmother's house. To top it off, I want a firearm for protection.

I have some enemies. These enemies have access for firearms. No matter what my martial arts skills and how many knives I have on me, I don't stand a chance. I want a gun, and I want to become proficient in the care, maintenance, and firing of one.

I'm too messy for a concealed carry. I know that much about myself. I'm constantly shoving things and digging around in my purse. Whats more, even with a concealed carry, I would not want to take my firearm to work. That's 90% I leave my house anyway. Maybe one day I'll get one, but for now, this will do.

Anyway, I talked to my roommate, who happens to be my boyfriend, about getting a gun for the house. He's completely cool with it. He even suggested a shotgun as well, which would be neat! Maybe at a later point I can get one of those. First, though, I'm getting a handgun.

I talked to my parents about getting one of theirs. I'm actually hoping to get one of Grandpas. My brother and I have been fighting over them for years.  They don't use them and I would. Mom said yes. Still waiting on Dad. We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment